Monday, April 29, 2013

Campy Times.

Hello!

I'm back! Thank you to those who commented last week on Facebook or the blog, if you read please let me know so I know who actively reads what I post.

How's The Week Been

The past week has been fairly good.   The weather was beautiful a few days and I enjoyed the great back yard on those days.

What The Families Been Up To

My Aunt had a birthday on Friday. Mom wanted to buy her a Magnolia tree so we took Mom out to Wilkinson's Nursery to pick one out. I think Aunt Connie was very surprised and Happy with her gift, She'd always wanted one.

Abbey's been very good about reminding Mommy that she needs her newly pierced ears cleaned.

The Girls and I have been enjoying the nice weather we've had by hanging out in the backyard. It's so nice to sit out there and spin and because a lot of the yard is paved the girls are able to ride their scooters and bikes around.

 

Camp Fire

This week was a busy week Camp Fire wise. At my Meeting on Monday since it was earth day. We talked about recycling and the many things we could do to help save our planet. While we talked I Had a few sheets for them to work on. One was a little earth man they could color and cut it out. I couldn't resist Sharing what little Lucas did with his earth man. SO CUTE!!!

This weekend was also Spring Camp for Camp Fire. We have a group camp we rent at lake Murray for the weekend and the kids get to canoe and craft and experience nature. It's always a lot of fun. This time I decided to not attend so that I wouldn't be out of pocket for Mom. But Ashley and Abbey did attend and they had a great time as always.



Knitting

It's been a good knitting week for me. I was finally able to finish the Aquaphobia socks that I'd had on the needles for so long and couldn't wait to get done. Didn't care much for the yarn or the pattern. But here they are. All nicely finished!





Here is another pair of socks I finished a couple of weeks ago. They are my design. But I just took some pictures of them this last week.



I still have a pair of Abbey socks on the needles and yesterday I cast on a new project that will be a secret project but I'll post some sneak pics as I get further along. I have plans of casting on the Cookie A's Monkey sock pattern soon as well. It's been years since I knit that pattern and I'd like to try it again.

Spinning

I finished up some beautiful Coriedale this week... Navajo Plied...



No new recipes or other crafts this week to share.

Hope you all had a great week! Until next time....

Be Happy!!

3 comments:

Village Antiiques Mall said...

Enjoyed reading your posts, socks are lovely. You have all been very happily busy.
Joy

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like you had a great week! Love the socks you designed and especially love your handspun.

Mandy said...

Your spinning looks beautiful!