Friday, February 16, 2007

There's a Baby In The House!


As you can see I have some more pictures to share of the newest member of our family along with the old members :o)

Things have still been unsettled around here since January 29th. We got in from the Hospital on the 1st of Feb. Then Jake's Mom arrived on Saturday the 3rd. And even though my feet were so swollen I could barely walk & even though I shouldn't have been I'd spent the entire Friday before her arrival as well as Saturday morning getting the house cleaned and organized. I was amazed that even though I'd cleaned RIGHT before leaving for the hospital and no-one being here for an entire week that I still found things "not good enough" for my final inspection, I wish I wasn't so darn OCD sometimes!! I wish I could've overlooked those things and relaxed...

So she arrived on Saturday and we here until the 13th. I loved having her here and was glad she got to spend some special time with her new Grandbaby, But I'm sad that Jake I didn't get any alone time in all the two weeks that he was off work :o( I miss him everyday while he's at work.

Since she left to go back home Ashley's been sick so I've had her at home and out of school. I'm looking forward to some quiet times in the mornings just me and Abbey :o)

Abbey is doing wonderrful, During the day she eats about 2 oz. of formula every 2 hours and at night she wakes about 2am to eat and again at 5am. I'm knocking on wood right now because I LOVE that she only wakes twice in the night but I know that could change anytime. Some of you may remember that my first born Ashley would only sleep like 15 minutes at a time.. I was a zombie the first 3 months of her life, The big factor helping this time is that Jake get's up for the 2am feeding! I'm so blessed. really he is a wonderful husband and an even better Daddy, He helps with Abbey so much! He doesn't even mind the poopy diapers!!! AMAZING!!

So everything here is going great, I have way to many shows on the DVR recorded that need to get watched because we're running out of time to record new ones, So I'll be working hard on that.. haha! While I'm feeding Abbey, cleaning house, doing laundry, taking care of Ashley and knitting.. ROFL!! Somewhere, sometime I have ALOT of Thank you cards to get made and mailed out, Lord help me....

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww, what wonderful pics, thanks for sharing!! :) Can't wait to hear what Ashley thinks of being a big sis :)

Brie said...

Oh my gosh she's so pretty! Beautiful family Mandi=)))