Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Spring Break!! Lord Help Me . . .

So today is Ashley's first day of spring break, not starting off very well, I had to take her & Abbey to my WW's meeting this morning and both were showing off a bit. Ah well, I'm still glad I went! I was down another 1.8 lbs. That puts my total to almost 16 lbs!! I'm doing pretty well, everyday in a struggle. My love for food & cooking can sometimes be my worse enemy. One day at a time :)
In other news we made lots of trips to Broadlawn park this week, they have a nice mile long paved walking trail there as well as a nice playground for the kids to play on. They also have Frisbee golf goals, a basketball court, a volleyball pad and a a great creek for little boys to play in :) I've been walking, Jake, Ashley and Abbey in her stroller come along, Jake and Ashley play along the way, Here are some pictures from the look-out they play on :)

Jake surprised me twice this week :) My first surprise was these beautiful flowers :)

The Second surprise was this...

I cannot even being to tell you how excited I was about this one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I've been wanted one forever, now I can relax on the couch (or as much as you can with children around) drink coffee and do my computer thang :) woohoo!!! I really am married to mot Generous man in the world :)

I started a new knitting project. It's the Central Park Hoodie It's supposed to be made from wool, as are most knitting projects like this one. I did the math and found that I'd be spending over $50 to knit it, so I'm giving Hobby Lobby's very soft "I Love This Yarn" yarn to make it with. We'll see how it turns out.. but here is what I have done so far.

I've made quiet a few new recipes recently and posted them to My Recipe Blog if you haven't already checked them out :)

I have a new helper when it comes to my knitting :) Until next time!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations on the weight loss--the amount from this week as well as your overall. I've lost around 14 pounds since the first week of January. Good luck to you in your efforts!!

Lil Knitter said...

Omg..she's becoming such a big girl! Girlfriend, you gotta start posting more often..they're growing up so fast!
Congrats on your WW success. You're doing so good. I'm gonna go check out those new recipes.
What a awesome hubby you've got! Flowers are always good but a new laptop...WOO HOO!!!
Keep me posted on the Hoodie...I've been wanting to try that one for a while but I am skeered! I love that yarn but never would've thought to use it. Can't wait to see how it works out!

Hugs!

Cherry Dolphin said...

Mandi, I bet we have met or seen each other and never realized it! I've been going to Ardmore since the summer of 2002 and I actually lived there from June of 2005 until Feb of last year. Small world huh? My husband is from their, and his parents and family still live there and we go there to visit them all the time.

My husband was working over at the BB warehouse before moving down here to Houston. I have to say, I do miss Ardmore... no traffic, so pretty... :)

Cherry Dolphin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.