Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation & Summer School/Bus

Last Friday Ashley had her Kindergarten Graduation. They sung some very cute songs and the Teachers gave a special award to each child, Ashley got the Best Friend award, For being friendly to everyone, especially those who didn't have anyone to play with :) I'm very proud of her for that... So here are a few photo's from her Graduation ceremony . . .


The proud Sister, Nanna & Step-Dad . .


Two Kindergarten Classes Ashley is on the right end middle row . . .


Ashley loves to sing . . .

Getting her Best Friend Award . .


One last picture with her Teacher Mrs. Allen . . .



Yesterday Ashley started Summer School, it's being held at a different school than where she went to Kindergarten, It's a nice new building though it's called Charles Evans. Yesterday I drove her to school and had plans of taking her everyday, But it seems everyone else is riding the bus and with Gas being $3 a gallon and Ashley begging me to ride I decided to walk her around the corner to the bus stop this morning. I think I'm way to overprotective because I bawled while she was getting on the bus :o( I just pray that she is safe for everyone bus ride. I told her if she didn't like riding the bus I would still take her to school. But she said she though she would like it. So we'll see. If it works out for us it could save us a months worth of gas driving back and forth everyday.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

More great piccies, yay!! :) I don't blame you for worrying a little about Ashley riding the bus, but I'm sure she's perfectly safe and once she enjoys it a few times, you'll feel better about it. $3 a gallon?? We're paying over $4 here!! EEEEEK! Rob filled the SUV's gas tank the other day, $92 freakin' bucks! I think it's time to lose the gas hog, don't you? LOL!! Someone wants to buy his Taurus though, which would leave us with the gas hog. Blech. He loves it but I really think a hybrid like my parents got is a better option.
Anyway it sounds like things are going well for you and your beautiful family, and that always makes me happy :)

Lil Knitter said...

It does save money for them to ride the bus but MAN is it hard to watch them go. These days g/f...I don't think it's possible to be too over-protective. The world has changed so much since I was little. It's downright scary.

Tell Ashley..Congrats on graduating and she looked beautiful in her dress. And that's an awesome award...she's a special little lady. *she must get it from her Mom* :)

Hugs!

Brie said...

OH I love her dress at the ceremony! You dress her SO cute!!!
The bus is definitely a huge gas saver!! It gets easier:)

Misty said...

Aww! I love these pics! And Ashley got the best friend award - that's so awesome! :) I like her dress she wore to Kindergarten Graduation. :) She's growing so quickly.